Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Shepherd's Pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Shepherd's Pie recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Learn How to Boost Your Mood with Food.
Most of us have been trained to think that comfort foods are not good and must be avoided. But if your comfort food is candy or junk food this is true. Other times, however, comfort foods can be completely healthy and it’s good for you to consume them. There are some foods that, when you consume them, could improve your mood. If you feel a little bit down and you need an emotional pick me up, try a number of these.
Green tea is excellent for moods. You were sure green tea had to be included in this article, right? Green tea is rich in a particular amino acid referred to as L-theanine. Research has discovered that this amino acid stimulates the production of brain waves. This will improve your brain’s concentration while at the same loosening up the rest of your body. You were already aware that that green tea helps you become better. Now you know it can help improve your mood too!
You can see, you don’t need junk food or foods that are not good for you to feel better! Try some of these hints instead.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to shepherd's pie recipe. To make shepherd's pie you need 20 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Shepherd's Pie:
- Prepare 1.5 lbs of russet potatoes, peeled and cubed.
- Provide 1/4 cup of half & half.
- You need 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Get 1 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of cracked pepper.
- Get 1 of egg yolk.
- Use 2 tablespoons of canola oil.
- Prepare 1 of small onion, diced (about one cup).
- Provide 2-3 of carrots, peeled, diced (1 cup).
- Get 2 of large cloves garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 1/2 lbs of ground lamb (traditional) or ground beef.
- Provide 1 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- Get 1/2 teaspoon of cracked pepper.
- Take 3 tablespoons of flour.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of tomato paste.
- You need 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of beef broth.
- Provide 1 tablespoon of ea. Chopped fresh rosemary and thyme leaves.
- Use of Kernels cut from 2 ears corn (1 cup).
- Get 1 cup of frozen peas.
Instructions to make Shepherd's Pie:
- Peel the potatoes and cut into 1/2-inch dice. Place in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water. Set over high heat, cover and bring to a boil. Once boiling, uncover, decrease the heat to maintain a simmer and cook until tender and easily crushed with tongs, approximately 10 to 15 minutes..
- Place the half-and-half and butter into a microwave-safe container and heat in the microwave until warmed through, about 35 seconds. Drain the potatoes in a colander and then return to the saucepan. Mash the potatoes and then add the half and half, butter, salt and pepper and continue to mash until smooth. Stir in the yolk until well combined. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F..
- While the potatoes are cooking, prepare the filling. Place the canola oil into a 12-inch saute pan and set over medium high heat. Once the oil shimmers, add the onion and carrots and saute just until they begin to take on color, approximately 3 to 4 minutes. Add the garlic and stir to combine. Add the lamb, salt and pepper and cook until browned and cooked through, approximately 3 minutes. Sprinkle the meat with the flour and toss to coat, continuing to cook for another minute..
- Add the tomato paste, beef broth, Worcestershire, rosemary, thyme, and stir to combine. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer slowly 10 to 12 minutes or until the sauce is thickened slightly. Add the corn and peas to the lamb mixture and spread evenly into an 11 by 7-inch glass baking dish. Top with the mashed potatoes, starting around the edges to create a seal to prevent the mixture from bubbling up and smooth with a rubber spatula..
- Place on a cookie sheet on the middle rack of the oven and bake for 25 minutes or just until the potatoes begin to brown. Remove to a cooling rack for at least 15 minutes before serving..
If you find this Shepherd's Pie recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.